The Empowerment Through Enterprise Classroom Course is a set of Open Educational Resources (OERs) which are designed for Private, Public and NGOs, and Business Advisory Support Providers and Trainers (including VET Colleges). The Resources have been developed to encourage and facilitate a change in Enterprise development strategies.
Currently research shows that Enterprise Educators are ill-equipped to deal with the needs of minority ethnic and migrant women. By providing opportunities for professional development for staff in VET institutions, Youth work organisations and Migrant Services Organisations these OERs will improve the access to and quality of entrepreneurship education within the context of inclusion and diversity so as to unlock the potential of young people.
The ETE Course was written by experts who are passionate about inclusion and highly knowledgeable about small business start-up and entrepreneurship development.
The Empowerment through Enterprise Course aims to:
- Increase understanding of the importance of differentiated training for young migrant and minority ethnic women
- Increase the number of entrepreneurship education providers interested in inclusive education
- Introduce innovative pedagogical approaches to improve inclusion and ensure active participation
- Improve educational resources and training for enterprise educators
Our long-term aim is that we can –and must– do more to build entrepreneurial skills among this capable group of young people. However, we also recognizes that VET providers of entrepreneurship education are currently ill-equipped to do so.
The Classroom Course Resources are designed for various uses. The course can be delivered as a complete curriculum or parts of it might be integrated to supplement other courses. All materials are provided as open source and each section of this course offers a variety of additional online materials such as case studies and activities about the topic.
As some learners might want to learn the content (or just parts of it) individually, all modules and additional learning resources are provided online.
Trainers, Teachers and tutors can also use the course freely. Information about how we suggest the materials can be used are provided at the beginning of each trainer’s guide for each module.
The course can be used in a classroom environment as well as a self-contained distance learning course.
The syllabus of the Empowerment Through Enterprise course is divided into 5 different units called modules, each of them focusing on different aspects of inclusive recruitment, how it can be applied and its benefits.
Module 1: EMPOWERMENT, first steps to self employment
Module 2: COMING UP WITH & TESTING A NEW BUSINESS IDEA
Module 3: HOW TO GET YOUR START UP BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND
Module 4: SALES AND MARKETING, the engine and the energy
Module 5: PLANNING FOR SUCCESS, READY, STEADY GO
Each Module has different training resources these will include:
- A PowerPoint/PDF Presentation – again this is to be used in conjunction with the Tutor’s Guide, this is a suggested course and includes the materials and activities. If it is your first time delivering the course, this is a good starting point.
- Trainers Guide- this can assist tutors, teachers or those delivering these modules to their organisation, in order to provide the highest quality training.
- Additional Resources- These will enhance the learning experience and provide extra reading for those wishing to expand on what they learn from each module.
- Learners Workbook– each module has a workbook that compliments each PowerPoint and other resources.
You can download the course (PowerPoints, Learner Workbooks and a Trainer’s Guide) as a zip file.
You do not need to use the materials in any particular order. If you want to concentrate on a specific topic you can jump in at your point of interest – although using the whole course is suggested for optimal understanding.
Download the Classroom Course
Please click the link below to download the Classroom Course. To access the file simply “Right Click” on the downloaded Zip file and choose “un-zip” or “uncompress” based on your Operating System. This will produce a folder on your computer with all of the necessary files.